How to Use Your Reed Diffuser
Are you looking for the best ways to add natural fragrance to your space? Perhaps you’ve considered a scented candle, but don’t have a safe space to burn, or maybe you’ve thought of aroma diffusers but aren’t interested in electronics.
Reed diffusers are a great low maintenance option for making your home have complex natural fragrance blends that transport, uplift, and inspire.
If you’ve been wondering how to use diffuser reeds for a transformative fragrance experience, keep reading to learn everything you need to know about how reed diffusers work and how to get the best use out of them.
6 Steps For Using Your Reed Diffuser
Once you’ve made the decision to utilize the fragrance benefits of a diffuser in your home, follow these simple steps on how to use a reed diffuser to safely enjoy all the aromatic sensory benefits.
Step #1: Select Your Diffuser
Selecting your fragrance is the first and most important step in using your reed diffuser.
There are endless fragrance options available, from clean and crisp to earthy and evocative. If you have guests coming for an extended holiday stay, consider the welcoming tropical-inspired fragrance of Botanico de Havana; or, if you want to transform your home into your own personal spa, try the calm and cleansing scent of eucalyptus mint.
Step #2: Find The Right Location
Ultimately, the right location for your reed diffuser is wherever you wish to place it, but there are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Position your reed diffuser where you’d like the fragrance to be strongest, but note that diffusers will have the biggest impact in smaller spaces.
- A location with a cross-breeze or strong airflow will help to disperse the fragrance throughout your space.
- Your fragrance choice could influence its location: spa-inspired often works best in a bathroom, while the more gourmand may be better suited to a kitchen or dining area.
Step #3: Swirl The Fragrance Oil
Before removing the lid to your fragrance oil or essential oil, gently swirl the bottle. This will help to ensure you’re starting your diffuser with an evenly blended oil.
Step #4: Place Reeds In Vessel
Insert the natural reeds into the vessel, spreading them out a bit to aid in the dissemination of your chosen fragrance.
So, how long do reed diffusers last, you might ask? The number of reeds you should use will depend on how strong you want the fragrance to be, as well as how long you’d like the oil to last. More reeds will mean a more vigorous fragrance, but they’ll also use your oil more quickly.
Step #5: Flip The Reeds
After your reeds have been immersed in the fragrance oil for at least 30 minutes, flip them once. This will start the process of fragrance disbursement.
Keep in mind, it’s best to flip your reeds away from any easily damaged surfaces. While your diffuser looks elegant atop your heirloom chippendale credenza, any reed diffuser oil that escapes during the flipping process will not be easy to remove.
Step #6: Enjoy Your Fragrance Experience
Now that your diffuser is ready to use, you can step back, relax, and enjoy a serene and luxurious aromatic experience in your own home.
When you’re ready to switch from lavender to lemongrass or agave to arugula, simply remove and discard the used reeds, and place the lid on your vessel to store it for later use. If you want to revisit a favorite again, later on, start with a new set of reeds.
How To Care For Your Reed Diffuser
In addition to understanding how to use your reed diffuser, you should also understand how to care for it to make the most out of your fragrance and reeds. Take a look below at our easy-to-follow care instructions:
Give your vessel a bi-weekly swirl – Swirling your reed diffuser oil on a weekly basis will help to keep the fragrance blend consistent as it’s diffused through the reeds.
- Flip the reeds on a bi-weekly basis – As the reeds sit in the fragrance oil blend, they can become more saturated on the vessel end. Flipping the reeds on a bi-weekly basis will keep the fragrance flowing consistently, as well as help to extend the life of your diffuser.
- Refill the fragrance blend – After enjoying a room filled with fragrance for 5 to 6 months, or after the reed diffuser bottle becomes half empty (whichever comes first), refill your fragrance blend.
- Replace the reeds – When you start to notice the home fragrance diminishing, it may be time to freshen up your diffuser with a new set of reeds. You can even update your space with a new look, like switching up your replacement reeds from a natural color to black.
Quick Tips For Safe Reed Diffuser Use
Like candles, reed diffusers come with their own set of rules to ensure your safety and protect your home. To that end, we recommend keeping the following tips in mind for safe reed diffuser use:
- Do not place the reed diffuser near any heat source or open flame.
- Always keep your reed diffuser away from children and pets.
- Always refill a vessel with the same fragrance oil blend. Never mix with other oils or fragrances.
Live A Fragrance-Filled Lifestyle With Archipelago
At Archipelago, we craft luxurious essential oil fragrance blends that transform your home into a fragrance-filled oasis and transport you to a place of sophisticated relaxation. Plus, our stylishly designed bottles allow our reed diffusers to blend seamlessly with your decor.
Explore our reed diffuser collection, and find your perfect fragrance today.
House Beautiful. Top Tips For Getting The Best From Your Home Fragrance. https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/decorate/display/news/a544/home-fragrance/
WikiHow. How To Make Reed DIffusers. https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Reed-Diffusers